[Review] Charlie and The Chocolate Factory - Roald Dahl

Title of book : Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
Author : Roald Dahl
Publisher : PT. Gramedia Pustaka Utama

Willy Wonka's famous chocolate factory is opening at last!
But only five lucky children will be allowed inside. And the winners are: Augustus Gloop, an enormously fat boy whose hobby is eating; Veruca Salt, a spoiled-rotten brat whose parents are wrapped around her little finger; Violet Beauregarde, a dim-witted gum-chewer with the fastest jaws around; Mike Teavee, a toy pistol-toting gangster-in-training who is obsessed with television; and Charlie Bucket, Our Hero, a boy who is honest and kind, brave and true, and good and ready for the wildest time of his life!


I was bored so I decided to go to the nearest book store. Turns out, the book store was holding a book fair. I bought this book for about Rp 10.000 ($ 1.00). Cheap, huh? I bought Charlie and the Chocolate Factory because I've watched the movie, I've even read the second book. So I'm curious. Besides, I was in my mid exam week, so I need light readings. I bought the translated version. It's written in Bahasa Indonesia and since it's a children book, sometimes the author uses exaggerating words which are weird in Bahasa Indonesia.
The book is fun, even for a grown up like me. I'd love to visit Mr. Wonka's Chocolate Factory (if it really existed, I wish it did exist). Even though the description of Mr. Wonka is a bit different from what I know from the movie, I love Johny Depp anyway so that's okay. The chocolate factory is awesome. Chocolate room with chocolate river and chocolate waterfall, sounds yummy. What I like is Dahl's choice of words to name Mr. Wonka's chocolate variant. Wonka's Whipple-Scrumptious Fudgemallow Delight and Wonka's Nutty Crunch Surprise, oh boy, even though I don't know how those look like they sound delicious to me. Well, if you decided to read this book, be careful, you could be starving or craving for a dozen of chocolate box after reading this book. ;)


No comments :

Post a Comment