Top 5 Summer Covers


Hi! It's been a while since I last post a non-review (or even a review, geez where have I been). So today, I decided to do a top 5 Wednesday since the topic interests me. Top 5 Wednesday is where you list 5 things bookish related according to the topic of the week. Top 5 Wednesday is created by Lainey from Gingerreadslainey on youtube. This weeks's topic is top 5 summer covers or books that remind you of summer. As I look through my bookshelves, I realized that most of my books have illustrated cover or winter-ish cover. But I still manage to find 5 books with summery cover. The list is in no particular order though I'm still trying to save the best for last.

The Last Song by Nicholas Sparks
Apart from the tendency to use image of a couple embracing each other, other editions of Sparks books do have beautiful cover. Most of them are picture of a beach, which is essential in the summer time; and that's the reason why I choose this particular cover for this list. It's simple and screams summer. Of course, this book is also about the summer Ronnie spent in her father's house which is near a beach. So it fits perfectly.

From the Heart by Sheila O'Flanagan
This one also scream summer, since it has beach and some holiday essentials on its cover. This book is a short story collection about women and their relationships. Not necessarily centered or happened around summer, but still the cover reminds me of summer.

Golden by Jessi Kirby
I read this book last year and end up loving it. It's a contemporary book which I'm not even sure if it is set in Summer. What makes me think of Summer whenever I look at the cover of this book is the color. For one thing, this book is literally titled Golden. The girl with a hint of sunlight effect gives me the Summer vibe.

The Story of Us by Deb Caletti
To be honest, I haven't read this book. This book is still sitting nicely on my bookshelf waiting to be read. So I don't know if the story in this book is set in Summer. But the cover, again, beach and sunlight make me think about Summer.

At First Sight by Nicholas Sparks
First of all, I think this cover is gorgeous. I love the color that resemblances the sky at dawn. It reminds me of spending summer holiday on a beach watching the sunset. This edition of at first sight is my most favorite summer cover. The story itself is not as cheery as a summer holiday supposed to be. But I still think that this book has a beautiful cover.

There you have it. What do you think of these covers? Is there any particular book cover that reminds you of summer? Tell me about it in the comment below. Also, you can also participate in Top 5 Wednesday. Here's the link of Top 5 Wednesday goodreads group that has the list of all topics for T5W. Have a nice day everyone!


No comments :

Post a Comment