Best Books I've Read In 2017 So Far


Before I start, I want to say Happy Eid Al-Fitr for those who celebrate it. May Allah bless you with happiness and grace your family with warmth and peace. Onto the post, This is a part of Top Ten Tuesday, a weekly feature hosted by The Broke and The Bookish. This week's theme is best books you've read in 2017 so far. Up until now, I've read 30 books. I enjoyed reading most of them, but not to the extent that I'd call my favorites. So, for this top ten Tuesday, I only include seven books. The books on this list may or may not be still on the list by the end of this year. By the way, I mention them in the chronological order starting from the book I read earlier this year.


1 Difficult Women - Roxane Gay
2 Holy Mother - Akiyoshi Rikako
3 Forgive Me, Leonard Peacock - Matthew Quick
4 I Want to Eat Your Pancreas - Sumino Yoru
5 Simon vs the Homosapiens Agenda - Becky Albertali
6 Nimona - Noelle Stevenson
7 A Thousand Splendid Suns - Khaled Hosseini

Two of the books mentioned are written by Japanese authors. I'm not sure if those books have been translated into English. If they haven't, they should have been. Because they're so good in different ways. Holy Mother reminds me of Gillian Flynn books with added Japanese creepiness and twist. While I Want to Eat Your Pancreas is so touching, kind of like 1 Litre of Tears (has this drama reached Western audience, though?). But of all the books on this list, my most favorite of all is A Thousand Splendid Suns. I just finished it a few days ago and I'm still thinking about it. It's sooooo good.
Anyway, what about you? What's your favorite books in 2017 so far?

No comments :

Post a Comment