September 2017 Wrap-Up & Favorites


Hello, fellow readers! Brew your coffee, light your candles, and prepare your warm blanket as we dive into the fall season. It's October and it's full-blown fall now. I'm genuinely excited for October because of the 24 hour readathon. October also equals Halloween equals spooky read. I've already prepared some spooky books to read this October. But let's back up a bit and review how my September went. Spoiler alert, it wasn't a satisfying reading month but it sure was a great TV show month.


Books read in September


The Vegetarian The Vegetarian - Han Kang (★★★★)
I've been meaning to read this book because it has many good reviews and the premise intrigued me. The Vegetarian is an unusual book. I've never read anything like it before. It's also quite disturbing and confusing at times, so I can see how this book is not for everyone. Nevertheless, I've written a full review of this book which will be up late October
The Bazaar of Bad Dreams The Bazaar of Bad Dreams – Stephen King (★★★)
The Bazaar of Bad Dreams is a short story collection by Stephen King. He's an accomplished and a prolific writer. But to be honest, I haven't read his full books because mostly I'm intimidated by the length of his books. This short story collection is perfect for me. It is 500-ish pages long but it consists of short stories that I can easily get in and out of. Like all short stories collection, there are some I like and there are some I don't. Anyway, if you want to know more about my thoughts on this book, I've written a full review of it.
The Lovely Bones The Lovely Bones - Alice Sebold (★★★)
Lovely Bones is one of those books that I wanted to read for a long time. It's a hard book to read. Not because it's bad, at least in my opinion, but because of the topic. I'm glad I finally read it, though. I've also written a full review of this book if you want to know more about my thoughts on this book.



September Favorites



Podcast



Another podcast about true crime! I'm interested in true crime. Usually the podcast that I listen to talk about cases that I've heard before because the cases are mostly happened in the states. So this podcast is different and refreshing since the cases are from Japan. The first few episodes are kind of rough but I get used to it and it's getting better. So if you're interested in true crime and looking for something different, try listening to this podcast.

Big Bad Wolf 2017

It's here again! the biggest imported book sale in (at least) the city where I live. I'm not sure whether or not to be happy about this event. One thing for sure though, my bank account is not. Because it's such a rare event, I went crazy and splurged. I bought 23 books and I'm not convinced that it's the total number because as I'm writing this post, the event is still happening. There's a chance I'll be back there and do more damage to my bank account.

There you have it, my belated wrap up. Even though I only read three books, it was a fun month actually. I watched Brooklyn Nine Nine, Luke Cage, Marvel's the Defenders, and Riverdale (and Iron Fist unfortunately). The reason why I don't put any of them on my favorite is because some of them are up there but not quite my favorite. For example Brooklyn Nine Nine has episodes that I love, but it also has episodes that are just boring to me. Anyway, I'm currently reading The Time Traveller's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger. It's a thick book and I've been putting it off because of that. Now I'm finally reading it. How about you? What did you read or watch in September? What are you currently reading?

No comments :

Post a Comment